With the arrival of MetaMask Staking compatibility I have put together a guide to get you going. This will cover both Desktop and Mobile versions. It will also cover setting up a new wallet or importing an existing wallet.
If you need any assistance on the below guide please contact me here.
Step 1: Download Metamask
- Desktop: Visit https://metamask.io on your web browser to download.
- Mobile: Use your mobile app store to find ‘MetaMask’.
💡 Create or Import - You now need to either create a new wallet ( new address ) or import your existing wallet into MetaMask. To import a new wallet from another wallet such as Blits etc please go Step 2b. If you wish to create a brand new wallet please continue onto Step 2a.
Step 2a: Create Wallet
- Desktop: Run the extension from the top right of your browser. You may need to click on the jigsaw icon and then pin the icon.
- Mobile: Open the recently downloaded app.
- Click on Getting Started, followed by Create a Wallet and finally Agree.
- You will now be presented with a short video and important information on how to keep your wallet safe. Click Next when you are ready.
- Write down your Secret Recovery Phrase ( also known as Seed/Mnemonic Phrase). Please use a Pen and Paper only and store them in a safe place.