With the support for the popular Blits app having disappeared its time for an alternative. Metamask and Guarda app are great options. Guarda official site: https://guarda.com/mobile-wallet/ which now supports multiple wallets and staking options.
Step 1: Download Guarda app
- Please use the official link: https://guarda.com/mobile-wallet/ to find the download links from your respective app stores. By all means search directly on your app store for Guarda Wallet.
💡 Create or Import - You now need to either create a new wallet ( new address ) or import your existing wallet into Guarda. For new wallets proceed to Step 2a, followed by Step 3. To import an existing wallet from the likes of Blits etc you first need to create a fresh wallet on Guarda app due to its User Interface limitations. Once you have completed Step 2a, move into Step 2b. If you already have a Guarda wallet setup and wish to import then you can proceed directly to Step 2b.
Step 2a: Create Wallet
- Load your app up and click ‘Create new wallet’.
- Enter a wallet password of your choosing ( don’t forget this ), check the box and click ‘Confirm’.
- The app will now create multiple internal wallet for different blockchains as this is a multi-chain wallet.
- You will be prompted to download a backup file, which can be used to restore your wallets should you get a new phone. I recommend storing this on a cold device, eg a USB ( don’t email it to yourself ). This option will be prompted again later when you add a Harmony wallet.
- You can now active FaceID or TouchID if the prompt presents itself. Move to Step 3
Step 2b: Import existing wallet ( optional )
- This step is only relevant if you are importing an existing wallet such as Blits into Guarda. Please note this will only work if you have a private key. Seed phrase imports have proven unsuccessful in my attempts.
- Click Settings at the bottom right followed by ‘Import’ from the list.
- Select Harmony from the dropdown and then enter your private key and click ‘Import’.